Type: Asian Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
Lettuce Wraps are one of my favorite meals and my family's favorite dish (the kids love it, which is a huge bonus). I love it because as a working mom, this recipe whips up in about 10 minutes and is so healthy. You can make this faster than getting take out or ordering on Uber eats. If you have picky eaters at home, it's a great way to sneak extra veggies in.
I've included my super fast weeknight Keto friendly ground beef dinner version, but it's healthy and keto friendly (no added sugar). Can you believe it? If you order this out or get it at a restaurant, a lot of times it's loaded with sodium and sugar.
One of the best things about lettuce wraps is their versatility. They can be filled with a wide array of ingredients, accommodating various dietary preferences. Whether you're a meat lover, vegetarian, or vegan, there are countless possibilities to create flavorful combinations. From lean proteins like grilled chicken or tofu to crunchy vegetables, herbs, and zesty sauces, the options are endless.
My rule to cooking, is don't stress about it. Most of the time, I use whatever is in my fridge. Last week, I added zucchini to my meat mixture because I had one in the fridge and didn't want it to go bad.
If you make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram: Wynn's Kitchen!
Keto Friendly Asian Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps
-1 head of butter lettuce, separated and washed
- 1lb of lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup Wynn's Kitchen peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoon Wynn's Kitchen saté asian chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- chopped cilantro and green onions to garnish (optional)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a medium pan over high heat. Add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon and stir until the meat is no longer pink.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, and shredded carrots and saute for about 2 minutes
3. Pour the sauces over the meat mixture and stir. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Garnish with cilantro and green onions and spoon onto individual lettuce wraps. Serve with additional peanut and sate sauce on top if desired.
1 head of butter lettuce separated and washed
1 lb of lean ground beef
1 cup shredded carrots
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoon ginger minced (optional)
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup Wynn's Kitchen peanut sauce
2 tablespoon Wynn's Kitchen sate chili sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
chopped cilantro and green onions to garnish (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a medium pan over medium high heat and add the ground beef. Break it up with a wooden spoon and stir until the meat is no longer pink.
Add the garlic, ginger, and shredded carrots and saute for about 2 minutes.
Pour the sauces over the meat mixture and stir. Cook for for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
Garnish with cilantro and green onions and spoon onto individual lettuce wraps. Add additional peanut sauce and saté sauce on top if desired.